The WWE Women’s Tag Team Title will be up for grabs at SummerSlam in a four-corners bout, according to a report in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
The titles, currently held by The IIconics, have not been defended on pay-per-view since the Aussie duo won them (also in a four-way) at WrestleMania 35 four months ago.
In fact, the duo have only defended the titles on television twice since then, once against Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross on Raw in June then again in a match they lost via count out in 90 seconds against The Kabuki Warriors on SmackDown last month.
Dave Meltzer reports in the Observer that the four-way at SummerSlam is on the cards internally even though it has not been announced yet and will pit the champions against The Kabuki Warriors, Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville and Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross.
Plans for the championship were thrown into disarray following ‘Mania when former title holder Sasha Banks walked out on the promotion – thus meaning there would be no two-on-two rematch between The IIconics and The Boss ‘n’ Hug Connection.
A career-ending injury to Nikki Bella meant that plans for a rivalry between the new champions and The Bella Twins were also scuppered, leaving the new title holders without any obvious direction.
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule