It appears that a planned SmackDown debut was once again cancelled from last night’s May 14 episode of the show by WWE.
It had been reported that Mia Yim was set to make her debut on the May 7 ‘Throwback’ episode but it was pulled, and then Dave Meltzer followed up with a report that it had been tentatively rescheduled to May 14.
If you watched the show last night, you’ll have seen that there was no Mia Yim in sight, so it seems like the debut was postponed once again.
The supposed plan was apparently for Yim to enter a program with Carmella on the SmackDown brand – Carmella was in action on May 7 with a win over Ruby Riott.
When you think about it, it does make more sense to hold off on the debut until after this Sunday’s WrestleMania Backlash pay-per-view, instead of doing it just before when you’re trying to focus on building to Sunday’s matches.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- WWE To Sign AEW’s Konosuke Takeshita Soon?
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Corey Graves Puts WWE On Blast After Carmella Injury At House Show