The original plan for the 2022 Hall of Fame inductions has reportedly been revealed.
This year’s ceremony takes place tonight (April 1) following WrestleMania SmackDown.
As of writing, the names set to be inducted are The Undertaker, Vader, Sharmell, The Steiner Brothers and Warrior Award recipient Shad Gaspard. Vader and Gaspard are being honored posthumously.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the original plan was for some candidates to be inducted ‘digitally’, due to time constraints.
Pointing out that the ceremony is scheduled to run 90 minutes, Dave Meltzer wrote:
Thus far only four acts have been announced for the Hall of Fame, with all the focus on Undertaker being inducted by Vince McMahon. The original idea was that due to time constraints they would induct some candidates life that night at the ceremony after the 4/1 Smackdown show in Dallas, and others digitally.
It appears that won’t be the case with only three acts and a 90 minute show, where Undertaker will be featured. Vader and Sharmell Sullivan-Huffman were also announced, and on March 28 they announced Rick & Scott Steiner (Robert & Scott Rechsteiner). Kayla Braxton and Corey Graves will be hosting, so they’ve retired Jerry Lawler from that role.
The ceremony airs the night before WrestleMania 38 Saturday.
Check out the full cards for WrestleMania Saturday (April 2) here, and WrestleMania Sunday (April 3) here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing