Ever since Triple H became the head of creative for WWE back in July, several former stars who previously left the company have returned.
One of those returns took place during the women’s Royal Rumble match, when Chelsea Green returned to the company after months of speculation.
Chelsea returning to the company led to further speculation about her best friend and former tag team partner Deonna Purrazzo also making the move back to WWE when she was free.
Deonna also competed on the main event of AEW Dynamite last year, losing the ROH Women’s Championship to Mercedes Martinez.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), IMPACT Wrestling have exercised the one year option on Deonna’s contract, and that Purrazzo has not signed a new contract or deal with the company.
Originally, Purrazzo’s contract was to expire at the end of 2022. However, an alteration was made to some of the terms in 2021, with a a one-year option being added, giving IMPACT the ability to extend her deal through 2023, which Fightful was told was an ‘obvious choice’ from IMPACT’s end.
Deonna’s deal is now up at the end of 2023, with her becoming a free agent on January 1, 2024.
Fightful notes that, during the process, multiple talents from multiple compaies had enquired about her status, with her expected to get interest from several companies on that date.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Alexa Bliss Undergoes Skin Cancer Treatment
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39