We have previously covered a report that Jey Uso, who was originally set for the Royal Rumble match, had to be pulled as he isn’t cleared for in-ring competition right now, but he isn’t the only popular WWE star who was taken out of the match.
On the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer explained that former Cruiserweight Champion Angel Garza was set to be part of the men’s Royal Rumble match on Sunday night, but was taken out of the bout.
At this time, there is no word on why the decision was made to pull Angel Garza from the match, so make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any additional information or potential updates on the matter.
The men’s Rumble match was won by Edge, with reports suggesting that WWE is planning on having the Rated-R Superstar go on to the main event of WrestleMania 37 in April to face Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned