An update has emerged on WWE Hall of Famer Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler, following his recent hospitalization.
Lawler suffered a medical episode at his condo in Florida on Monday afternoon (February 6).
It was later confirmed that the ‘medical episode’ was a stroke, with an update from Lawler’s Twitter account stating that he’s expected to make a full recovery, noting:
Update on Jerry: After suffering a massive Stroke Monday. He is now recovering in a Fort Myers, FL hospital.
His speech is limited, but with rehabilitation will regain a full recovery.
He thanks everyone for the continued prayers and will be back in the near future.
Per PWInsider, Lawler has recovered enough to return to his home in Memphis, Tennessee. He was reportedly able to travel back to Memphis on March 10.
The report noted that Lawler had previously been staying at his residence in Florida to undergo outpatient therapy following his stroke.
Lawler, who is 73 years old, most recently appeared for WWE at the January 28 Royal Rumble Kickoff show.
His most recent public appearance was over the February 4-5 weekend at a signing in Florida, ahead of his hospitalization.
We continue to wish Lawler a safe and healthy recovery.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite