The line-up for the announced WWE Women’s Tag Team Tournament has now potentially been revealed.
Following Sasha Banks & Naomi walking out on the May 16 WWE Raw taping, the duo were suspended and stripped of their Women’s Tag Team Titles. WWE confirmed that a tournament will be held to determine the next set of titleholders.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, several pitches have been made for the tournament, with WWE discussing plans for the teams of Natalya & Shayna Baszler, Tamina & Dana Brooke, Nikki ASH & Doudrop and Carmella & Zelina:
“Regarding the tag team titles, there will be a tournament. There have been different pitches made. At least two involved a four-team tournament. In one, the four names are Natalya & Shayna Baszler, Tamina & Dana Brooke, Nikki ASH & Doudrop and Carmella & Zelina (even though they already broke up).”
The latter team would come as a surprise, bot only because the duo broke up following WrestleMania 38, but also because Vega is currently out of action due to injury.
Banks’ cousin Snoop Dogg has seemingly reacted to the controversy surrounding her walkout. She was recently spotted at a Steve Aoki concert following her suspension.
More details have also emerged on Naomi’s standing with family in WWE.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed