The line-up for the announced WWE Women’s Tag Team Tournament has now potentially been revealed.
Following Sasha Banks & Naomi walking out on the May 16 WWE Raw taping, the duo were suspended and stripped of their Women’s Tag Team Titles. WWE confirmed that a tournament will be held to determine the next set of titleholders.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, several pitches have been made for the tournament, with WWE discussing plans for the teams of Natalya & Shayna Baszler, Tamina & Dana Brooke, Nikki ASH & Doudrop and Carmella & Zelina:
“Regarding the tag team titles, there will be a tournament. There have been different pitches made. At least two involved a four-team tournament. In one, the four names are Natalya & Shayna Baszler, Tamina & Dana Brooke, Nikki ASH & Doudrop and Carmella & Zelina (even though they already broke up).”
The latter team would come as a surprise, bot only because the duo broke up following WrestleMania 38, but also because Vega is currently out of action due to injury.
Banks’ cousin Snoop Dogg has seemingly reacted to the controversy surrounding her walkout. She was recently spotted at a Steve Aoki concert following her suspension.
More details have also emerged on Naomi’s standing with family in WWE.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW Star Says He ‘Just Walked Away’ From Faction
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Latest On WWE International Expansion
- Top AEW Star Recalls Insane Vince McMahon Script Change During A Live TV Taping
- Notable Name’s Planned WWE Tryout Was Cancelled