A potential rumor killer has emerged regarding reports that John Cena will return to headline WWE SummerSlam in August.
Multiple sources have reported that John Cena is set to compete in the main-event of SummerSlam on August 21 against Roman Reigns.
As per Variety, John Cena will star in “Argylle”, a new film franchise also featuring Henry Cavill, Samuel L. Jackson, Bryan Cranston, Sam Rockwell, Bryce Dallas Howard and Catherine O’Hara. Shooting will commence this August in Europe, with the film set to be released sometime next year.
As Cena is set to shoot a film in another continent the same month as the Biggest Party of the Summer, film commitments may prevent him from appearing at SummerSlam.
From filming schedules to COVID-19 protocols, there are many reasons why Cena might not be allowed to return to WWE until shooting has ended. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has struggled to return to the ring in the past due to insurance, for example.
While Cena has previously confirmed that he will return to WWE in the future, he has noted that he doesn’t believe the company needs him.
- Naomi Removes WWE References From Twitter Bio
- Joey Janela Sets Foot On Fire In Horrifying GCW Botch (Video)
- CM Punk Trends Following Polarising Message To WWE Locker Room
- Paul Wight Reveals Impressive Move He Was Told Never To Perform In Ring Again
- Jon Moxley Set To Reunite Former Tag Team At Independent Show
- Video: NWA Stars Kamille & Thom Latimer Get Married
- Britt Baker Makes Surprise Appearance At AIW Gauntlet For The Gold
- William Regal Details His Reaction To NXT 2.0 Reboot
- Sting Files New Trademark For Iconic Nickname
- Tony Khan Reacts To Johnny Elite’s AEW Debut