Last year’s IMPACT Slammiversary event featured a number of surprise debuts. Now, this year’s event may not be any different.
A new report from Fightful Select (subscription required) states that at least two surprises are currently planned for the show.
While the report doesn’t name names, it is noted that outside names will be making their way to the company. One of the names is reportedly already under contract elsewhere and the other is a recent WWE release.
Separately, the report states that Fightful has been told to expect a “reinvigoration” of the Knockouts division in July.
WWE has released a number of stars in 2021 who could arrive at IMPACT Slammiversary. Chelsea Green, Mickie James, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Bo Dallas, Kalisto, Tucker, Wesley Blake, and Mojo Rawley were released on April 15, 2021, and will be able to appear on the show.
WWE also released Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Ruby Riott, Santana Garrett, Lana, and Murphy on June 2, 2021. While they will still be under no-compete clauses at the time of the show.
However, it has also been reported that some recently released stars have asked to forego their clauses. Just something to keep in mind.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return