A hint towards a possible championship we could see on a future episode of NXT on the USA Network has come to light.
Over the last few weeks, NXT Cruiserweight Champion Kushida has held an “open challenge”, so far retaining the title over Oney Lorcan, Santos Escobar and Carmelo Hayes.
On this past Friday’s episode of 205 Live, the main event saw August Grey defeat Ariya Daivari, and it seems like that could play into a future challenger for Kushida.
The match between Grey and Daivari was billed as the final match of their “eight-month rivalry”, and commentary hinted when Grey won that the win could propel him into a title match on NXT TV.
Grey has only had one match on NXT so far this year, which was a loss to LA Knight in March. His overall record for 2021 including 205 Live matches is 11-6.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite