It was reported earlier this week by Fightful Select that a number of people within AEW were keen on bringing in former WWE star Buddy Murphy, who now goes by Buddy Matthews.
Fightful’s report noted there may already be creative plans for Buddy in AEW, and now Dave Meltzer has expanded on these plans, which could see him join Malakai Black’s House of Black faction.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer said:
“On the show tonight they had Malakai Black and Brody King hint about a third guy, and I did hear some talk that [Buddy Matthews] would be the third guy. It’s certainly been something talked about.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
As Meltzer mentioned, Black and King strongly suggested there would be another member of their faction joining up soon on last night’s episode of AEW Dynamite.
Since being released by WWE last year, Buddy Matthews has wrestled for a variety of promotions, including NJPW and MLW.
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match