It was reported earlier this week by Fightful Select that a number of people within AEW were keen on bringing in former WWE star Buddy Murphy, who now goes by Buddy Matthews.
Fightful’s report noted there may already be creative plans for Buddy in AEW, and now Dave Meltzer has expanded on these plans, which could see him join Malakai Black’s House of Black faction.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer said:
“On the show tonight they had Malakai Black and Brody King hint about a third guy, and I did hear some talk that [Buddy Matthews] would be the third guy. It’s certainly been something talked about.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
As Meltzer mentioned, Black and King strongly suggested there would be another member of their faction joining up soon on last night’s episode of AEW Dynamite.
Since being released by WWE last year, Buddy Matthews has wrestled for a variety of promotions, including NJPW and MLW.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Big Update On Triple H WWE Return & Backstage Status
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Matt Hardy Reacts To Report Claiming He’s Injured
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society