Since its inception, AEW has had a very rigid PPV system, with four big shows spread out across the year, and then a number of special episodes of Dynamite dotted around.
The four big shows are Revolution, which takes place in February, Double or Nothing at the end of May or June, All Out at either the end of August or start of September, and Full Gear in November.
However, it appears change could be coming to this schedule, as Andrew Zarian reported during an episode of Wrestling Observer Live that WarnerMedia is keen for AEW to increase the amount of PPV shows it runs each year.
He said on the show, “Warner Media want more PPVs from AEW,” but added they’re not “forcing them to”, they would just “love them to do more”.
Zarian also noted that the ROH Death Before Dishonor PPV announcement came days after he was told that Warner Media wanted more shows from All Elite Wrestling. Zarian even speculated that Death Before Dishonor could be a test between AEW and B/R Live to see if there is enough demand from the audience to have for more shows.
There’s also the speculation that ROH’s Death Before Dishonor airing on B/R Live means that there could be a TV deal in place between Tony Khan and Warner Media to host new Ring of Honor content.
“I don’t know this, but I wouldn’t be shocked if there was a [TV deal] announcement at the PPV”
In terms of names for shows, perhaps AEW could simply turn one of its Dynamite specials, such as “Winter Is Coming” into a full weekend PPV show.
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- EXCLUSIVE – Claudio Castagnoli Addresses CM Punk Joining WWE, Adam Copeland Joining AEW & More
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- Top WWE Star Teases First Ever Match With CM Punk
- WWE Raw Ratings Following CM Punk Return Revealed
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick