Since its inception, AEW has had a very rigid PPV system, with four big shows spread out across the year, and then a number of special episodes of Dynamite dotted around.
The four big shows are Revolution, which takes place in February, Double or Nothing at the end of May or June, All Out at either the end of August or start of September, and Full Gear in November.
However, it appears change could be coming to this schedule, as Andrew Zarian reported during an episode of Wrestling Observer Live that WarnerMedia is keen for AEW to increase the amount of PPV shows it runs each year.
He said on the show, “Warner Media want more PPVs from AEW,” but added they’re not “forcing them to”, they would just “love them to do more”.
Zarian also noted that the ROH Death Before Dishonor PPV announcement came days after he was told that Warner Media wanted more shows from All Elite Wrestling. Zarian even speculated that Death Before Dishonor could be a test between AEW and B/R Live to see if there is enough demand from the audience to have for more shows.
There’s also the speculation that ROH’s Death Before Dishonor airing on B/R Live means that there could be a TV deal in place between Tony Khan and Warner Media to host new Ring of Honor content.
“I don’t know this, but I wouldn’t be shocked if there was a [TV deal] announcement at the PPV”
In terms of names for shows, perhaps AEW could simply turn one of its Dynamite specials, such as “Winter Is Coming” into a full weekend PPV show.
- Report: Another AEW Star Wants To Return To WWE
- WWE Bans Iconic Move For Being ‘Too Dangerous’
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- AEW’s Surprising Message To Star Rumored To Be Leaving
- Brody King Breaks Silence On Future Following Recent Developments
- Real Reason Several AEW Stars Want To Join WWE?
- KSI Reacts To WWE Star’s Comments About Potential Match
- New Details On WWE Releases & Top Star’s Contract
- Angelo Dawkins Reveals The Street Profits’ Main Goal Following Split Rumors
- Roman Reigns’ Next WWE Opponent Revealed?