While she may have dropped the NXT Women’s Championship to Io Shirai last weekend, Charlotte Flair is on a roll as of late, picking up two wins in singles matches against Asuka in as many weeks on Raw.
WWE is painting the picture that no matter how good Asuka is, she cannot beat Charlotte Flair. This would make Asuka’s eventual win over “The Queen” incredibly impactful, but only if “The Empress of Tomorrow” hadn’t already beaten Charlotte in a singles match in November 2019.
During the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer speculated that based on their booking as of late, it seems like WWE is building towards a proper feud between Charlotte Flair and Asuka over the Raw Women’s Championship:
“I think it’s pretty clear that the Asuka and Charlotte — Charlotte now has two wins over Asuka so I would think that this is building a feud between the two of them.”
To me, it quite surprising that WWE has given away two Charlotte vs. Asuka matches on TV over the last two weeks, and appears to be building a feud between the two.
With Becky Lynch set to be absent from WWE for a number of months, possibly even a year, Flair vs. Asuka is probably the biggest women’s match WWE can book right now, so I’m surprised they aren’t saving it for a big PPV, potentially even WrestleMania.
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39