Tonight on the final Friday Night SmackDown show of 2019, Daniel Bryan is set to compete in a triple threat match with King Corbin and The Miz.
The match was announced on last week’s show, with the winner earning the right to challenge The Fiend Bray Wyatt for the Universal Championship next month at the Royal Rumble.
Daniel Bryan has been feuding with Bray Wyatt since early November. The pair went one-on-one at Survivor Series, but Wyatt faced The Miz instead at TLC.
The idea behind Wyatt facing The Miz at TLC instead of Daniel Bryan reportedly came from Bryan himself. The decision was well-received, with many feeling the feud should continue.
While Bryan might not have faced The Fiend at TLC, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that he is widely expected to pick up the win in tonight’s triple threat and earn another Universal Championship match.
With regards to why The Miz is in the match, Dave Meltzer is reporting that the former WWE Champion was added to take the pin for Daniel Bryan as a way to protect King Corbin in defeat.
As always, WrestleTalk.com has you covered for live coverage of tonight’s Friday Night SmackDown show.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London