The estimated pay-per-view buyrate for the AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door show have now been revealed.
AEW president Tony Khan took to Twitter earlier this week to announce that the show made over $1 million in ticket sales, and over $5 million on pay-per-view, though the exact number was not stated.
Per Dave Meltzer in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the show was down 18% on streaming buys and 23.9% on cable buys from the Double or Nothing show, with the show drawing an estimated 125,000 – 127,000 buys.
“The early estimate based on streaming buys were down 18 percent from Double or Nothing, and cable buys at press time were down 23.9 percent. Right now the estimate is 125,000 to 127,000 buys. About 80 percent of the buys were from the U.S., which is a higher percentage than usual. The show meant more to American fans than those outside the country.” “At the end of the day, the PPV number beat most expectations and is more than strong enough to make it an annual event.” “That’s down from just over 155,000 for last month’s show, but everyone going in knew it would be down and the show exceeded most predictions”
Tony Khan has already discussed a possible second show,which you can read about here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed
- Two NXT Stars Reportedly Backstage At May 29 WWE Raw
- NXT Stars Debut On WWE Raw