Fightful recently reported that both AEW and NJPW held internal discussions about bringing the Authors of Pain into the company following their releases last year, but nothing materialised.
The site has now added that a promoter reached out to them after this story emerged, saying that they had been told that both Akam and Rezar had retired from wrestling.
The report does note that it’s unclear whether Akam and Rezar themselves or the pair’s representatives told the promoter that they had retired.
Sean Ross Sapp notes that he is looking and working to find out more information about this story, so make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any additional information on the matter.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Ari Daivari Under Full-Time Deal With AEW