Fightful recently reported that both AEW and NJPW held internal discussions about bringing the Authors of Pain into the company following their releases last year, but nothing materialised.
The site has now added that a promoter reached out to them after this story emerged, saying that they had been told that both Akam and Rezar had retired from wrestling.
The report does note that it’s unclear whether Akam and Rezar themselves or the pair’s representatives told the promoter that they had retired.
Sean Ross Sapp notes that he is looking and working to find out more information about this story, so make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any additional information on the matter.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE