It’s insane to think of Randy Orton wrestling anywhere other than WWE, but when his contract came up in 2019, that’s exactly what he teased.
Orton teased jumping ship to All Elite Wrestling, which he later admitted he did just to leverage a better deal out of Vince McMahon. Orton recently appeared on the Pat McAfee show, where he spoke about the teases.
“I think he also sees that I’m a WWE guy, I started out a WWE guy, and I’m not going anywhere. Even a couple of years ago, there might have been some chatter and some talk, but, I wasn’t really the guy talking about really going anywhere else. That was just… the internet and everybody… and I just kinda sat back and was like, ‘Oh this is interesting, I never said that’. Here I am, my contract’s up in a couple of years, and I’ll sign another one. I love this place. I love getting to do s**t like this. WrestleMania, this is my 18th WrestleMania in a couple of days. Here’s to 10 more WrestleManias.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Randy Orton also commented on various NXT stars on the roster, and had some harsh words for them.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings