There has been an update on the injury status of former 14-time World Champion Randy Orton.
Orton has been out of action since the May 20 episode of SmackDown, where he and Matt Riddle lost the Raw Tag Team Championship to the Usos.
The match was a winner take all unification match, with the Usos still reigning as the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions to this day.
Orton was written off TV after the match following an attack from the Bloodline.
Orton was taken off the show due to a back injury that he had suffered, with WWE reportedly not expecting him back before the end of the year.
In an update from PWInsider, Orton was spotted yesterday in Birmingham, Alabama.
Birmingham is the city where the back and neck specialists are located, so it’s likely Orton was there to undergo surgery of some kind.
While not confirmed to be related, Randy’s wife Kim posted a photo to her Instagram that showed Orton seemingly undergoing surgery.
Reports emerged recently of WWE’s original plans for Randy’s return, which can be found here.
We wish Orton a full and complete recovery from his injuries.
For a full list of currently injured WWE stars, click here.
View this post on Instagram
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Needs Career-Threatening Surgery
- Uncle Howdy Gets New Female Companion On SmackDown?
- WWE Star Competes Injured & Sustains Another Injury
- Major Update On Randy Orton WWE Return
- Big Return On WWE SmackDown You Might Have Missed!
- Potential Spoilers On Bray Wyatt Plans For SmackDown November 25
- What Happens When You Call Uncle Howdy
- Another WWE Name Change On SmackDown
- Current Champion Wants Triple H To Bring Back Another Released WWE Name
- Colt Cabana Reveals He Almost Died During AEW Dynamite Match