On March 30, WWE ran one of the final Raw live events before WrestleMania – stars are usually spared the house show schedule during WrestleMania week – at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.
It wasn’t the six thousand strong crowd or the close proximity to the biggest night of the wrestling calendar that grabbed the attention of the wrestling world, however, it was the rumored final live event appearance of Brock Lesnar who successfully defended his WWE Universal Championship in a triple threat match against Braun Strowman and Kane. He pinned the latter in case you’re wondering.
As noted in a previous article, Brock Lesnar’s contract expires shortly after WrestleMania – as does that of Paul Heyman – and it’s unknown whether ‘the Beast’ will extend his current deal or head back to UFC. One of the deciding factors in his decision could be his usage going forward. As far as I can see, with the exception of a possible feud with the incoming Bobby Lashley or a switch to SmackDown Live, they do not have much more for him.
WWE returns to the TD Garden on July 7, 2018, for a live episode of Raw. Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman vs. Kane and Elias, and The Miz vs. Finn Bálor vs. Seth Rollins have been announced as the dark matches for that show. It doesn’t bode well for Elias being Braun’s WrestleMania partner, though this may just be a red herring.
Results from the card:
- Asuka best Sonya Deville with the Asuka Lock
- The Club and Heath Slater & Rhyno defeated The Miztourage and The Revival when Karl Anderson pinned Bo Dallas
- Akira Tozawa rolled over Jack Gallagher. Following the bout, ‘Woken’ Matt Hardy saved Tozawa from a Bray Wyatt attack. He offered a truce and the formation of a new team, but Wyatt refused and was left lying with a Twist of Fate
- The Bar cracked Titus Worldwide to retain the WWE Raw Tag Team Championships
- Roman Reigns pinned Elias. The match was notable for the favored crowd reaction Roman received.
- Alexa Bliss outlasted Sasha Banks to retain the WWE Raw Women’s Championship, rolling her up and snatching a handful of tights. Post-match, Nia Jax invaded and tossed Bliss around like a doll.
- Seth Rollins overwhelmed Finn Bálor in the best match on the entire show.
- Brock Lesnar ran through Kane and Braun Strowman to retain the WWE Universal Championship. The Bar attacked Strowman after the bell but got those hands when Sheamus went through a table.
- The Bar
- titus worldwide
- Matt Hardy
- Alexa Bliss
- sonya deville
- the club
- Jack Gallagher
- Akira Tozawa
- Finn Balor
- nia jax
- The Miztourage
- Brock Lesnar
- heath slater
- Seth Rollins
- Bray Wyatt
- Roman Reigns
- Sasha Banks
- the revival
- BRAUN STROWMAN
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete