The real reason that All Elite Wrestling (AEW) left one of its biggest names off last night’s Full Gear pay-per-view has been revealed.
In weeks gone by on Dynamite, it looked like AEW was building towards a Miro & Kip Sabian vs Best Friends tag match at Full Gear.
Dave Meltzer reports in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the reason that didn’t happen is because the plan is to keep it a long-term program on Dynamite.
Comparisons were drawn between the Best Friends vs Santana & Ortiz, and Darby Allin vs Team Taz programs in that regard.
There was a backstage interview segment with the two teams last night, and Orange Cassidy is now involved too on the Best Friends’ side.
With there being a good few possible match-ups when you’ve got five guys, drawing it out isn’t a bad idea at all, especially when Best Friends & Cassidy are so popular and Miro is one of the biggest names in the promotion thanks to coming in from WWE.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW