It seems like the real reason for Braun Strowman being released by WWE has been revealed after the news broke earlier today.
As reported by Fightful Select, Braun Strowman signed a “monster” contract with WWE in 2019 for well into 2023, and the big money was likely a catalyst for WWE releasing him.
Sources claim the contract would see Strowman earn over $1 million per year, and for that reason people weren’t as surprised that he got released as you might have thought.
It was also noted that he himself knew it was a huge contract but was very private about negotiations until it had been finalized.
WWE has been cost cutting under the leadership of Nick Khan and his new business strategy which many speculate will end up with WWE being sold.
Strowman’s last match was the WWE Championship three-way at WrestleMania Backlash which saw him pinned by Bobby Lashley.
Other names released by WWE today were Aleister Black, Lana, Ruby Riott, Santana Garrett and Murphy.
We’ll continue to keep you updated with further developments.
- WWE Raw Live Results – May 23, 2022
- Swerve Strickland Confirms Tag Team Name With Keith Lee
- Another Scrapped Name For Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch WWE Faction Revealed?
- Date Of WWE’s Next Saudi Arabia Event Revealed
- WWE Again Buries Sasha Banks & Naomi During WWE Raw
- Will Ospreay ‘Not On Good Terms’ With Kenny Omega
- Lacey Evans To Make In-Ring Return On Next Week’s WWE Raw
- Kris Statlander Reveals Real Reason For Recent Gimmick Change
- Major Change Made To WWE Hell In A Cell Match
- Big Update On Possibility Of Cody Rhodes Getting Added To WWE 2K22