For weeks, WWE had been building to a very interesting and exciting tag title unification match between Raw Tag Team Champions RK-Bro, and SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos.
However, on last night’s episode of Monday Night Raw, these plans suddenly changed, and it will now be a 6-man tag match. RK-Bro and Drew McIntyre will take on the Usos and Roman Reigns, and the titles will no longer be on the line.
There are a number of fan theories as to why the match has suddenly been changed, but it sounds like the change was made to make sure Roman was on the card, while not giving away a Reigns vs McIntyre singles match quite yet.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said:
“The idea was to save Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre singles match as far as the pay-per-view version for a bigger show.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
So, it seems basically Roman Reigns has to be on the show, and any other booking will just have to work around him.
If we hear anything else about the sudden change, we will of course let you know.
- FTR Call Out Tony Khan To Book Them At NJPW Show
- UFC Hall Of Famer Daniel Cormier To Serve As Special Guest Referee At WWE Extreme Rules
- AEW Star Continues To Tease Departure On Social Media
- Big E Appears On FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff Show
- Shawn Michaels Explains Benefits Of Infusing NXT And NXT UK Rosters
- Update On Triple H Changing GUNTHER’s Ring Name
- Sheamus Details Drunken, Irish Origins Of WWE Stipulation To Gunther
- WWE Files Trademark In Relation To NIL Program
- Ricky Steamboat Announces In-Ring Return With FTR
- Sami Zayn Sends A Message Of Understanding To Jey Uso