For weeks, WWE had been building to a very interesting and exciting tag title unification match between Raw Tag Team Champions RK-Bro, and SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos.
However, on last night’s episode of Monday Night Raw, these plans suddenly changed, and it will now be a 6-man tag match. RK-Bro and Drew McIntyre will take on the Usos and Roman Reigns, and the titles will no longer be on the line.
There are a number of fan theories as to why the match has suddenly been changed, but it sounds like the change was made to make sure Roman was on the card, while not giving away a Reigns vs McIntyre singles match quite yet.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said:
“The idea was to save Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre singles match as far as the pay-per-view version for a bigger show.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
So, it seems basically Roman Reigns has to be on the show, and any other booking will just have to work around him.
If we hear anything else about the sudden change, we will of course let you know.
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- Top WWE Star Dealing With ‘Really Bad’ Shoulder Injury
- AEW Star Says He ‘Just Walked Away’ From Faction
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Latest On WWE International Expansion