Dax Harwood has commented on his and Cash Wheeler’s decision to stay with AEW, instead of leaving the promotion.
Ahead of April, Harwood and Wheeler of FTR had a hiatus so they could consider their next moves, with their AEW contracts set to expire.
The fate of FTR was revealed on the April 5 edition of Dynamite, with Harwood and Wheeler winning the AEW Tag Team Championship in a match where if they lost, they would’ve been forced to leave AEW for good.
On Twitter, a fan claimed that the only reason why FTR won the gold was because they threatened to leave AEW if they weren’t given the title.
Harwood’s reply indicated that he and Wheeler prefer the AEW schedule, and the opportunities available to them in AEW.
“GIVE US THE BELTS OR WE’RE GOING BACK TO WWE!”
Definitely not “That schedule keeps me away from my wife and daughter too much & AEW will allow us to give back to wrestling.”
Harwood previously noted that this next decision would likely mark FTR’s final full-time wrestling venture.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced
- Update On AEW Collision Ticket Sales For CM Punk Return
- Free Agent With WWE Interest Makes Surprise Return