The real reason why Michael Cole’s commentary was censored on WWE SmackDown has been revealed.
During Raquel Rodriguez’ match with Shotzi, Cole’s audio dropped when Rodriguez hit her Chingona Bomb for the victory.
Per Bryan Alvarez on the Bryan & Vinny Show, a line was censored as the move name was confused with an offensive phrase.
“There’s a famous saying in Spanish that many people know, I won’t say it here but I’ll say the English translation ‘F**k your mother’. So Raquel Gonzalez (Rodriguez) has a move called the Chingona Bomb and the word ‘Chingona’ is like a headstrong female.
“But I believe the folks at FOX heard Chingona Bomb and thought it was the F**k You Bomb or F**k Your Bomb or something like that. So every time she does this move and the announcers call it, they bleeped it on SmackDown Friday.”
Also on the show, Michael Cole announced that Sasha Banks & Naomi had been suspended and stripped of their Women’s Tag Team Championship following their walkout.
Pat McAfee has explained his reaction to this ‘fascinating’ announcement, revealing what he knew before the show.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via Inside The Ropes.
- Another Reason Matt Riddle Had Heat With WWE Management Revealed
- Which Released WWE Stars IMPACT Wrestling Is Reportedly Interested In Revealed
- Promotions Interested In Matt Riddle After WWE Release Revealed
- WWE Star Was ‘Late’ Addition To Recent Release List
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- WWE Star’s ‘Outside Commitments’ Causing Management To ‘Figure Things Out’
- AEW Star Sets Sights On Miley Cyrus For WrestleDream
- NXT Star Told He’s Not Ready For WWE Main Roster