Shortly before the start of this week’s episode of AEW Dynamite, the promotion’s chairman Tony Khan made the announcement that PAC vs. Andrade El Idolo at All Out had been postponed due to “travel issues”.
The match, which was one of the most highly anticipated on the stacked card, will instead take place on a later edition of AEW Rampage. Due to the match’s postponement, the Women’s Casino Battle Royale was moved to the main card.
While Khan cited travel issues as the reason for the match being postponed, Dave Meltzer is reporting that a health issue may have been the real reason for the match being moved.
Writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Meltzer said:
“There was one major change to the show, as the Andrade vs. Pac match is off. We had been told that one of the matches, but not one of the main events, was off due to a health situation with one of the wrestlers. AEW didn’t confirm that but the next day Khan tweeted that the match was off because of a travel situation involving one of the performers, which was later confirmed to being Pac.
“It is likely the two reports are related because travel issues being known days ahead would seem to point to those issues and obviously a pure travel issue is not going to keep someone off a PPV unless it’s something that happens at the last minute, and even so, they are going to have people in town for this show shooting angles days ahead of time. AEW does not generally release specific medical information on talent.”
Note that Meltzer does not confirm that this was reason, but that the two reports are likely linked.
If there is a health issue with either PAC or Andrade, everyone at WrestleTalk sends their best wishes for a safe recovery.
- Next Challengers For The Usos Undisputed Tag Team Championships Revealed
- Report: AEW Star Possibly Returning To WWE Is ‘Something That’s In Play’
- AEW Star Confirms CM Punk ‘No Longer In The Company’?
- Details On Triple H’s Involvement In Roman Reigns & Kevin Owens ‘Yelling’ Backstage
- Bray Wyatt Tease On WWE Raw
- Huge WWE Plans Changed Due To Heated Backstage Incident?
- Update On Roman Reigns & Kevin Owens Relationship After Backstage Argument
- Bob Orton Jr Provides Update On Randy Orton’s Recovery
- Kevin Owens/Roman Reigns Backstage Incident, AEW Star Undergoes Surgery, Big E New WWE Role – News Bulletin – November 29, 2022
- Major Star To Kick Off ‘Commercial Free’ First Hour Of WWE Raw