The real reason the son of William Regal isn’t going to be using the “Regal” name going forward in WWE has been revealed.
On NXT UK, Regal’s son Bailey Matthews was given the new name Charlie Dempsey, which had people talking because of the similarities to the Bron Breakker situation.
It’s being reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that this was less a WWE decision, and more a case of William Regal not wanting his son to have the pressure of sharing the name.
It was largely kept a secret when he debuted that he was Regal’s son, which was part of that mentality as well.
He has yet to work a match under the Charlie Dempsey name but his re-debut has been hyped on recent NXT UK episodes.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?
- Shock Former NXT Star Was Planned To Join Judgment Day
- ‘Nobody Has Any Idea’ Why Vince McMahon Changed Confusing Money In The Bank Advert
- WWE Raw No Longer Categorized As An ‘Entertainment Show’
- WWE Planning To Build More Performance Centers Around The World
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Suspended By WWE, Women’s Tag Team Championship Vacated
- Stephanie McMahon Leave From WWE ‘Been Brewing For Quite A While’
- AEW Posts Video Of Bryan Danielson Entrapment After Rampage