Mark Long, star of MTV’s The Challenge, is a name that has become oddly familiar to fans of WWE NXT in recent years.
Long has made several appearances on the brand, mainly in support of Grayson Waller during his big matches.
However, we may see Long himself step into the ring at some point before he steps away.
Speaking to Fightful Overbooked, Long discussed a potential run in the company, where he said that he thinks he ‘has’ to get on NXT at some point.
“I’m saying I wouldn’t want to be full-time. Would I do a three or four week arc like Bad Bunny or Johnny Knoxville? 1000%.
“There are a few ways to do this. I have to get on NXT at some point, whether I’m interfering on a match with Grayson or sitting in on commentary, I have to be involved. That’s easy.
“That’s a car ride for me. That I want to push for this year, that’s going to happen.
“In terms of WWE, there is so much they can do with Miz and I because we came from that era and show. I don’t think we need to be partners. I feel we’d be nemeses.
“‘How dare this guy come into my world that I’ve established and become such a megastar, how dare he try to dip his toe into my world of wrestling.’ I think that would be a great angle.
“Mike is head and shoulders a better wrestler than me. He’s one of the hugest superstars over there.
“Anything I do is with all due respect. I’d love to lock horns with that f**ker. It’d be great.”
Mark Long may not be getting involved in any Grayson Waller NXT matches going forward, as Waller was called up to SmackDown in the WWE Draft.
quote via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats