The reason behind a top AEW star missing the Jay Briscoe tribute on Wednesday’s AEW Dynamite has been revealed.
On the January 25 edition of AEW Dynamite, Mark Briscoe made his debut with the company by defeating Jay Lethal in a tribute match to his late brother Jay Briscoe.
Following the bout, the entire All Elite Wrestling locker room emptied with many of the stars wearing Jay Briscoe memorial t-shirts and giving both men a round of applause.
Conspicuous by his absence was current AEW World Trios Champion Kenny Omega.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), the former AEW World Champion wanted to be there, but he has been battling visa issues and wasn’t able to attend.
Omega was last seen on AEW television on the January 11 episode of Dynamite when he teamed with The Young Bucks to defeat Death Triangle in an Escalera de la Muerte Match 7 of their best of seven series to regain the AEW World Trios Championships.
This followed Kenny Omega defeating Will Ospreay for the IWGP United States Championship at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 on January 4.
As previously reported, major changes occurred to the January 25 edition of AEW Dynamite to make time and room for the Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal match.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Nature Of Recent Procedure Amid WWE Absence
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- AEW Star Interested In Facing Goldberg In Retirement Match
- AEW Star Reveals Pitch For WWE WrestleMania Crossover Match
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance