The reason behind Zelina Vega joining a top NXT faction on the main roster has been revealed.
On the October 7 edition of WWE SmackDown, Santos Escobar, Cruz Del Toro and Joaquin Wilde of Legado Del Fantasma made their main roster debuts by attacking Hit Row.
Despite being aligned with Elektra Lopez for over a year on the NXT brand, it was the returning Zelina Vega who was aligned with the group during their debut.
According to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Lopez was originally told by WWE that she would remain part of the stable moving forward, even having a flight out to Worcester arranged.
However, WWE ultimately decided to go with Vega in Lopez’s place because Legado Del Fantasma’s first feud will be against Hit Row.
WWE wants the women in each group to get in the ring for the program and determined that Zelina Vega would make the better opponent for B-Fab over the relatively new Elektra Lopez.
It remains to be seen how Lopez will be used in WWE moving forward after this shift.
Stay up to date with the WWE roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- AEW Star Miro Announces New Role
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Major WWE Star’s Twitter Hacked
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?