Last night it was reported that All Elite Wrestling had released Jimmy Havoc, Bea Priestley, and Sadie Gibbs. It was the first time since the beginning of the pandemic that AEW had released any of their stars. Now, we know the reason why.
Dave Meltzer is reporting in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Priestley and Gibbs were released due to not being able to return to the United States. While Havoc has been released as a result of the allegations against him from the Speaking Out movement. Here is the quote regarding the release of Gibbs and Priestley:
“The other two were largely due to their inability to get into the country with nothing looking like that will change any time soon. Gibbs was brought in as a project, in the sense she wasn’t ready but she was a great athlete with a good look, and had only worked three matches for the company, none since October.”
It has been difficult for British wrestlers to return to their countries of work. PAC is also stuck in the UK, unable to return for television. We don’t know when the pandemic will subside so it may be a while before we see them again.
What do you think of AEW’s decision here? Let us know on Twitter!
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE To Sign AEW’s Konosuke Takeshita Soon?
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- Corey Graves Puts WWE On Blast After Carmella Injury At House Show
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- WWE Stars’ Futures In Doubt, Karrion Kross Plans, Several Injuries – News Bulletin – August 8, 2022