According to an exclusive report from Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, the reason Randy Orton has been missing from WWE TV of late is due to a neck injury.
Orton has not been seen on WWE programming since his victory over Triple H at Super Showdown on June 7 and he has not wrestled on WWE’s weekly TV shows since May.
Sapp says that Orton was injured during a run of matches against Aleister Black on the house show loop several days after the Super Showdown match.
The neck injury that Orton suffered is said to not be too serious and he is expected to return to action imminently.
It is possible that the house show run with Black in June was for the pair to become familiar with one another prior to a programme.
With Black’s Extreme Rules opponent set to be announced on tomorrow night’s episode of SmackDown, it is entirely possible that Orton will be the one who accepts the challenge.
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title