One of the reasons there has been “long-time” heat between Charlotte Flair and other members of the WWE women’s roster has been explained.
Things hit a boiling point last week when Flair was accused of going off-script during the title exchange segment which led to her and Becky Lynch getting into a big argument backstage in front of Vince McMahon, and security having to escort Flair out the building.
As per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, things between Flair and many of the other women stem from other issues such as the way she wrestles during matches.
The belief is that Charlotte Flair wants to be a heel, and is a heel right now, but still does babyface moves during matches such as the big moonsault to the outside.
A heel doing spectacular moves like that traditionally makes it harder for a babyface to get over in the match, because it should be the babyface doing the stuff that wows the fans, so some women have taken issue with Flair doing that.
It was also noted that there’s a belief that Rhea Ripley should have been elevated more than she was in her recent Raw Women’s Championship feud with Flair, instead of being relegated to the tag division coming out of it, but in reality that’s ultimately Vince McMahon’s decision, not Flair’s.
Flair is set to appear on tonight’s episode of SmackDown, and as of now, is actually scheduled to face Lynch in a champion vs champion match at Survivor Series next month.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Corey Graves ‘Toned Down’ What WWE Wanted Him To Say About Sasha Banks & Naomi
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- AEW Star Ethan Page Wants More Ring & Microphone Time In AEW
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- Ricky Starks Says Cody Rhodes Is Still His Go-To Person For Advice