UPDATE: Naomi has now addressed this report, which you can read about right here.
When Sasha Banks and Naomi walked out of WWE prior to the May 16, 2022 episode of Monday Night Raw, many had expected the two to remain together upon their return to wrestling.
However, that has not been the case, with Mercedes Mone since debuting for NJPW at Wrestle Kingdom 17, while Naomi (Trinity Fatu) has yet to appear for any wrestling company since her departure.
Trinity has been travelling with Mercedes to support her in some of her NJPW matches, and recently teased potentially joining Stardom’s Club Venus stable.
However, we may now know why Trinity has yet to be signed by Bushiroad, per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Meltzer noted that Bushiroad’s wrestling division has taken a big financial hit, and the division is under pressure to keep the spending down, with the belief being that they could have signed Trinity, but it would cost too much for the return.
The hard part about a longer commitment is that Bushiroad’s wrestling division, even though Stardom has grown greatly, has overall taken a major financial hit because of New Japan’s declines related to the pandemic, even with New Japan World up. Because of that, the wrestling division is under pressure to keep spending down. An example is that they were told they could bring in Trinity Fatu, but it was felt it would cost too much for the return and thus far hadn’t made that deal.
Mercedes is set to make her in-ring debut for Stardom this Sunday, defending the IWGP Women’s Championship against Mayu Iwatani.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn