Two matches that were scheduled for the Clash of Champions pay per view did not go on as planned. Bayley’s SmackDown Women’s Championship didn’t go on as Nikki Cross couldn’t appear. Also, the Women’s Tag Team Championship match didn’t happen at all. Now, the reason has been revealed.
Dave Meltzer reported that Nikki Cross, Nia Jax, and Shayna Baszler missed Sunday’s show for reasons relating to COVID-19. However, he did say that at least two of the women had not tested positive for the virus.
He also mentioned they were kept off television as a precaution as they had come into contact with someone who had tested positive.
Bayley did defend her title against Raw Women’s Champion Asuka at the show. The match was brief and ended in a disqualification when Bayley used a chair. Sasha Banks then attacked Bayley and the match turned into more of an angle.
The tag title match never took place but it was said on the kick-off show that it would be addressed on Raw. Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler were scheduled to defend their titles against Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan.
What did you think of Clash of Champions? Let us know on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon