Everyone involved in the highly publicised backstage AEW fight after All Out was suspended, but some of them are now un-suspended.
CM Punk, Ace Steel, The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega are all still suspended while an external company conducts an investigation into what happened.
However, as confirmed in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, many others involved are no longer on the naughty step after it was decided their involvement in the fight was them trying to stop the fight, rather than make it more fighty.
The Observer reads:
Aside from Omega, The Young Bucks, Punk and Ace Steel, everyone is cleared. Confirmed no longer suspended are Christopher Daniels, Pat Buck, Brandon Cutler and Michael Nakazawa. The investigation confirmed that all four of those cleared’s involvement consisted of trying to break up the fighting and calm people down. Reports that any of them were involved in either the fighting because of friends involved or acting aggressive were deemed false.
It isn’t known how long The Bucks, Punk, Omega and Steel will be suspended for, but it is very unlikely that we’ll see any of them before the investigation has been completed.
Some feared AEW’s viewership would take a hit as a result of the suspensions of the company’s biggest stars, but this week’s Dynamite was one of the most viewed in AEW history.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Eyes Up Top Free Agent Match
- WWE Star Injured Indefinitely, Pulled From Big Match
- New WWE Faction Member Revealed
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement
- Insane Cody Rhodes WWE Record Revealed
- WWE Star Debuts With New Ring Name
- Interesting Cody Rhodes WWE Raw Detail Revealed
- WWE Star Replaced By CM Punk
- Potential Big Change To WWE Event Schedule Revealed
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition