The work schedule of a pro-wrestler is pretty exhausting. I would know, because I once saw a wrestling match and it looked pretty tiring.
What with WWE holding several live events in addition to TV show every week, and AEW taping several shows a week, it’s hardly surprising to hear the schedule is becoming an issue for some.
It has been reported that both Malakai Black and Buddy Matthews are keen to be released from their AEW contracts in order to re-join WWE, and Ryan Frederick of the Wrestling Observer has perhaps revealed why.
According to Frederick on the Wrestling Observer forum, the only AEW stars really interested in re-joining WWE are those with significant others in WWE, which would include Black and Matthews.
Black is of course married to Zelina Vega, and Matthews is currently dating Rhea Ripley.
“The only guys that really want to go back are the ones who have significant others with the other company.”
Another name that has been brought up as a result of this report is Andrade El Idolo, who is married to Charlotte Flair, but there have been no reports to suggest Andrade is looking to leave AEW, although there were rumors a few weeks ago based on some of his social media activity.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW