Not only has Triple H given back the idea of WWE being fun to watch, he’s also started giving wrestler’s their names back, because he understands that humans have more than one name.
One of the lucky stars to get their names back is Matt Riddle, who for many months had simply been called “Riddle”, and it seems we now know why that was the case.
According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the reason Matt Riddle originally lost his name is that searching Matt Riddle on Google would bring up a lot of results about his controversial MMA career, and the fact he just loves marijuana.
Dave Meltzer wrote:
Riddle was given back his first name of Matt. The reason they dropped the Matt name years ago, as silly as this sounds, is because they thought fans Googling Matt Riddle would see articles from his MMA career, which focused on his failing tests for marijuana. But the stigma of marijuana has changed greatly, as they even tease babyface using it in code words on the show now when a few years ago they’d never do so.
Another star who is apparently set to get their name back is Money in the Bank briefcase holder Theory, who was once Austin Theory in case you’d forgotten.
However, in a recent interview, Theory revealed he’d actually prefer to just keep his single name for some reason.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39