A possible reason for Stephanie McMahon being chosen to be Vince McMahon’s interim replacement has reportedly been revealed.
Following recent allegations made against Vince McMahon, WWE and its Board of Directors shared a statement announcing that Stephanie McMahon has been named the interim CEO and Chairwoman of WWE, with Vince McMahon voluntarily stepping down.
You can read all the details and the full story surrounding the allegations against Vince at this link.
CNBC’s Alex Sherman now reports that a source told him that Stephanie receiving Vince’s responsibilities indicates that Vince has no intention of stepping down.
“I’m also told that elevating Stephanie to CEO, after she just left to focus on family, is an optics play to signal Vince McMahon has no intention of stepping down.”
Sherman elaborated further on CNBC.com, noting:
“The CEO role is staying in the family. McMahon’s daughter, Stephanie McMahon, will take over as interim chairwoman and CEO. Stephanie McMahon said in May that she was pulling back from the bulk of her duties as a WWE executive to spend more time with her family. The appointment is a signal that the power structure wouldn’t change even as Vince McMahon steps back, according to the person familiar with the matter.”
WWE has announced that Vince McMahon will appear on tonight’s episode of SmackDown. Read more on this right here.
I’m also told that elevating Stephanie to CEO, after she just left to focus on family, is an optics play to signal Vince McMahon has no intention of stepping down. https://t.co/dpUPxKiuGP
— Alex Sherman (@sherman4949) June 17, 2022
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’