Red Velvet has praised a fellow AEW star for helping her become a more aggressive heel.
Before suffering an injury that has sidelined her, Red Velvet was showing a more aggressive side of herself as a heel with The Baddies stable with Jade Cargill and Kiera Hogan.
Speaking with Fightful’s Grapsody podcast, the AEW star credited Bryan Danielson, among others, for helping her find her new persona as a heel.
“Currently, right now, I’m working a lot behind the scenes with BJ Whitmer. He’s one of the agents. I work a lot hand-in-hand with him. I’m training with Jade as well with Bryan Danielson. That’s been a gear change. He’s somebody I really look up to and somebody I’ve watched, I wouldn’t say growing up because it was later in the time, when I was older and Bryan got to WWE. I’ve been watching a lot of his stuff and the fact that he gets to get in the ring with Jade and I and little things, from the basics, it’s been great and he’s really helped me tap into how aggressive I can get and be as a heel. I have to thank him because I’m been training a lot more with him. We still train with Dustin and stuff, but more focus on my heel character and change has definitely been Bryan and BJ behind the scenes.”
Jade Cargill previously mentioned working with Bryan Danielson inside the ring.
As previously mentioned, Velvet was announced as injured on the June 22 edition of AEW Dynamite. It is still unknown she will be out of action.
Stay up to date with the injury list in AEW at this link.
Quotes via Fightful
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Cody Rhodes Appears On June 27 WWE Raw
- Latest On Sasha Banks & Naomi WWE Statuses
- John Cena Says He Doesn’t Know When His Next Match Is During Raw Return
- Jon Moxley Clarifies Injury Status After Forbidden Door