Red Velvet has praised a fellow AEW star for helping her become a more aggressive heel.
Before suffering an injury that has sidelined her, Red Velvet was showing a more aggressive side of herself as a heel with The Baddies stable with Jade Cargill and Kiera Hogan.
Speaking with Fightful’s Grapsody podcast, the AEW star credited Bryan Danielson, among others, for helping her find her new persona as a heel.
“Currently, right now, I’m working a lot behind the scenes with BJ Whitmer. He’s one of the agents. I work a lot hand-in-hand with him. I’m training with Jade as well with Bryan Danielson. That’s been a gear change. He’s somebody I really look up to and somebody I’ve watched, I wouldn’t say growing up because it was later in the time, when I was older and Bryan got to WWE. I’ve been watching a lot of his stuff and the fact that he gets to get in the ring with Jade and I and little things, from the basics, it’s been great and he’s really helped me tap into how aggressive I can get and be as a heel. I have to thank him because I’m been training a lot more with him. We still train with Dustin and stuff, but more focus on my heel character and change has definitely been Bryan and BJ behind the scenes.”
Jade Cargill previously mentioned working with Bryan Danielson inside the ring.
As previously mentioned, Velvet was announced as injured on the June 22 edition of AEW Dynamite. It is still unknown she will be out of action.
Stay up to date with the injury list in AEW at this link.
Quotes via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors