The referee assigned for the night two WrestleMania 39 main event between Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes has been revealed.
Fightful Select has posted a variety of backstage notes for tonight’s show including the match order and other assignments.
Notably, the referee tasked with handling Reigns and Rhodes tonight is SmackDown referee Dan Engler.
This will be Engler’s first time refereeing a WrestleMania main event.
Before joining WWE in 2013, Engler had refereed in TNA and on the indies under his real name Rudy Charles.
Other referee assignments include Chad Patton for Brock Lesnar vs Omos, Danilo Anfibio for the women’s four-way tag, Jason Ayers for Gunther vs Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus, Daphanie LaShaunn for Bianca Belair vs Asuka, and Shawn Bennett and Eddie Orengo for the Edge vs ‘Demon’ Finn Balor Hell in a Cell match.
The producer listed for Reigns vs Rhodes is, as you would expect, Michael Hayes, who also produced the tag team title main event on night one, and has been listed for pretty much all the Bloodline business in recent months.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for more news before, during and after WrestleMania 39 night two.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups