After Finn Balor was pinned clean to lose his match against Austin Theory on Raw on January 17, fans were left wondering what was next for Balor; could we see a return of the Demon King?
According to a report from an unnamed WrestlingNews.co source within WWE, Vince McMahon has put the brakes on any significant push for Balor, saying:
“Yea, Finn was moved into the spot that Jeff Hardy had. He’s just there now to help get over the younger guys. There was a pitch to make him heel but that was weeks ago and I haven’t heard much about it since then. Vince never saw Finn as more than just a mid card guy. Heyman would have pushed him to the moon but Vince just never saw it.”
Finn Balor previously saw a return to NXT in 2020 including holding the NXT Championship for 212 days before dropping the title to Karrion Kross. After several months off, Balor returned to main roster action on SmackDown before being drafted to Raw in the 2021 draft.
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- SPOILER: AEW Star Captures Championship Title
- WWE Star Ready For A WarGames Match