Each time a main roster WWE star is released, they have to adhere to a 90-day no-compete clause. However, now some former WWE stars are asking to forego their scheduled clauses.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has reported that a number of stars released this year have asked WWE to let them out of these clauses. This reportedly ranges anywhere from the entire duration of the 90 days, to just a few days before the clause would expire.
The report also states that WWE has been receptive to this idea. While it is not clear if the wrestlers will be paid for the time that is foregone, WWE has reportedly been more lenient than ever in regards to inquiries about the clauses.
John Laurinaitis has been the person the released stars have been talking to in order to get this approved.
The report does not mention who the released stars are who have been asking to forego their clauses but notes that Fightful is trying to get confirmation.
Here is the list of WWE stars released in 2021 whose 90-day no-compete clauses have yet to expire:
- Peyton Royce (Released April 15)
- Billie Kay (Released April 15)
- Mickie James (Released April 15)
- Chelsea Green (Released April 15)
- Tucker (Released April 15)
- Kalisto (Released April 15)
- Wesley Blake (Released April 15)
- Bo Dallas (Released April 15)
- Mojo Rawley (Released April 15)
- Braun Strowman (Released June 2)
- Aleister Black (Released June 2)
- Murphy (Released June 2)
- Lana (Released June 2)
- Santana Garrett (Released June 2)
- Ruby Riott (Released June 2)
Samoa Joe was also released on June 2 but has since returned to the company.