Renee Paquette (Young) worked with WWE for eight years before departing the company back at SummerSlam last year after the cancellation of WWE Backstage.
Renee has since experienced both WWE and AEW from an outside perspective, and recently on her Oral Sessions podcast, Paquette discussed the differences she sees between the two companies.
Renee made the claim that AEW doesn’t treat their fans as stupid as WWE does, who leave their fans confused a lot of the time. Paquette said:
“They (AEW) don’t treat their fans stupid, in terms of not knowing what this is and we’re going to beat you over the head to make sure you understand it.I understand the reasoning of why they do that obviously, but I think with smart fans, and the way that people have access to looking into information that they might not know and being able to connect the dots themselves, I think that there’s something really cool about that that people like to have that sense of discovery, rather than being talked to like they don’t understand.”
Paquette recently gave birth to her and her husband’s, AEW star Jon Moxley, first daughter.
Transcription via WrestlingInc
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Tony Khan Addresses Jeff Hardy Arrest & Jon Moxley Comparisons
- Bayley Provides Update On Injury Status
- Kenny Omega Provides Update On Timetable For Return