Renee Paquette (formerly Renee Young in WWE) has commented on her future, revealing whether or not she’s interested in joining AEW.
Paquette’s husband, Jon Moxley, is a major star in AEW, holding the world title for over 270 days in 2020. Paquette has noted that she plans to stay associated with professional wrestling in some capacity.
Speaking with Wrestling Inc, Paquette stated that her WWE non-compete clause will expire soon. Confessing that she hadn’t properly thought about working with AEW, Paquette said:
“My non-compete with WWE is nearly up.”
“I don’t ever want to separate myself from professional wrestling. I know that’s where my fanbase comes from; I know that’s essentially going to always be my bread and butter — and I love that. I love professional wrestling, so I’m not looking to ‘get away’ from it by any stretch.”
“Looking at AEW, I think there are endless opportunities of other things I could be doing over there, if that was to be something that came up down the line,” she said, “I’ve honestly not put much thought into it.”
“That’s interesting to be like, ‘Oh, wait! I can do wrestling things again!’”
Paquette left WWE in August 2020 after noting that she felt she had accomplished everything she could in the company. She has made a couple of one-off appearances for WWE since. In June, Paquette and Moxley welcomed their daughter, Nora, into the world.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins