Renee Paquette (formerly Renee Young in WWE) has commented on her future, revealing whether or not she’s interested in joining AEW.
Paquette’s husband, Jon Moxley, is a major star in AEW, holding the world title for over 270 days in 2020. Paquette has noted that she plans to stay associated with professional wrestling in some capacity.
Speaking with Wrestling Inc, Paquette stated that her WWE non-compete clause will expire soon. Confessing that she hadn’t properly thought about working with AEW, Paquette said:
“My non-compete with WWE is nearly up.”
“I don’t ever want to separate myself from professional wrestling. I know that’s where my fanbase comes from; I know that’s essentially going to always be my bread and butter — and I love that. I love professional wrestling, so I’m not looking to ‘get away’ from it by any stretch.”
“Looking at AEW, I think there are endless opportunities of other things I could be doing over there, if that was to be something that came up down the line,” she said, “I’ve honestly not put much thought into it.”
“That’s interesting to be like, ‘Oh, wait! I can do wrestling things again!’”
Paquette left WWE in August 2020 after noting that she felt she had accomplished everything she could in the company. She has made a couple of one-off appearances for WWE since. In June, Paquette and Moxley welcomed their daughter, Nora, into the world.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Tony Khan Addresses Jeff Hardy Arrest & Jon Moxley Comparisons
- Kenny Omega Provides Update On Timetable For Return
- Bayley Provides Update On Injury Status
- Gisele Shaw Comes Out As Transgender