Former WWE announcer Renee Paquette (Renee Young) has argued that the Women’s Tag Team Titles were important for ‘about 30 seconds.’
Sasha Banks & Naomi walking out on the May 16 WWE Raw taping was reportedly in part because of the treatment of the Women’s Tag Team Championship, with the former champs’ pitch to defend the gold at Hell in a Cell nixed.
Speaking on her Throwing Down podcast, Renee criticised the booking of the titles since their inception in 2019, noting:
“The women’s tag titles have only existed in WWE for a couple of years and as soon as they were brought into the fold, they were important for about 30 seconds, and then nobody cared anymore.
There was no true women’s tag teams and they just lost their luster really really quickly.” said Renee Paquette, “I guess, best case is that they finally let these women do what they want to do and start really working on the tag division.”
Banks and Naomi have since been suspended and stripped of the Women’s Tag Team Championship.
A tournament will be held to crown a new set of titleholders. A recent report indicated that there could be NXT teams in the tournament, which you can read more about right here.
Stay up to date with every WWE title change in 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via SEScoops.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- Major Hint For WWE SummerSlam 2024 Location
- WWE Tag Team Partners Potentially Splitting Up
- Former WWE Star ‘100%’ Open To Full-Time Return
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake
- Released WWE Stars Tease Potential Stable?