Former WWE announcer Renee Paquette (Renee Young) has argued that the Women’s Tag Team Titles were important for ‘about 30 seconds.’
Sasha Banks & Naomi walking out on the May 16 WWE Raw taping was reportedly in part because of the treatment of the Women’s Tag Team Championship, with the former champs’ pitch to defend the gold at Hell in a Cell nixed.
Speaking on her Throwing Down podcast, Renee criticised the booking of the titles since their inception in 2019, noting:
“The women’s tag titles have only existed in WWE for a couple of years and as soon as they were brought into the fold, they were important for about 30 seconds, and then nobody cared anymore.
There was no true women’s tag teams and they just lost their luster really really quickly.” said Renee Paquette, “I guess, best case is that they finally let these women do what they want to do and start really working on the tag division.”
Banks and Naomi have since been suspended and stripped of the Women’s Tag Team Championship.
A tournament will be held to crown a new set of titleholders. A recent report indicated that there could be NXT teams in the tournament, which you can read more about right here.
Stay up to date with every WWE title change in 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via SEScoops.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed