Last night’s AEW Dynamite Blood & Guts special was unsurprisingly dominated by the Blood & Guts match, but the rest of the show was reportedly thrown together at the last minute due to several AEW stars testing positive for COVID-19.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer revealed plans for the show had to be made very close to the show be aired, because there was so much uncertainty as to who would actually be able to compete.
“There were a lot of people who were not available for the show because of Covid. And that’s why they did not announce the show (other matches) until pretty much today other than the Blood & Guts, I don’t think they had any matches until this morning. They didn’t announce much of this show ahead of time because… they had to redo, whatever it was, the show was being put together late because of fears and things like that. So that’s why some of the matches, besides the Blood & Guts match, the matches themselves are not exactly the usual quality.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Thankfully the main event appears to have been unaffected by COVID-19, but we’ll have to see next week if there are more stars missing from Dynamite.
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Antonio Inoki Passes Away Aged 79
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Here’s Everyone Chris Jericho Could Face For The ROH Title