On night one of NJPW’s WrestleKingdom 14 show last month, Jon Moxley captured the IWGP United States Championship from Lance Archer following a Texas Deathmatch.
The following night, Moxley successfully defended his title against fellow former WWE star Juice Robinson (formerly CJ Parker).
Jeff Cobb managed to defeat Lance Archer at a NJPW show in Atlanta over the weekend, and Dave Meltzer has speculated that Archer’s recent string of loses could be because he is heading out of the company.
Speaking about Archer on the Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer had the following to say:
“Jeff Cobb beat Lance Archer which is kind of a surprise. I wonder… obviously, Lance Archer has been in talks with AEW.”
Of course this is purely speculation at this point and there is no word on if Lance Archer is heading to AEW. However, we do know that the former champion was in talks with the new promotion about joining.
For the latest on Lance Archer’s future, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism