WWE Hall of Famer and current AEW lead commentator Jim Ross recently revealed on his podcast that All Elite Wrestling is currently only interested in signing “athletic big guys”.
While discussing the promotion’s recruitment strategy, JR suggested that AEW may make moves for NJPW star Lance Archer and Brodie Lee (former WWE Superstar Luke Harper).
However, it would appear that Jim Ross might have told a little fib as Dave Meltzer is reporting in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that AEW is interesting in signing Aramis.
For those who aren’t aware, Aramis is a 21-year-old Mexican professional wrestler who has performed for the likes of PWG and AAA during his nine-year career.
Aramis stands at only 5ft 9” (174cm) and weighs just 176lbs (80kg), so he clearly doesn’t fall into the “athletic big guys” category with the likes of Luke Harper, Jeff Cobb and Lance Archer, all of whom Jim Ross implied AEW is interested in signing.
Speaking of Jeff Cobb, the former Olympic athlete debuted for AEW this week on Dynamite by joining The Inner Circle and attacking Jon Moxley. The pair will go one-on-one next week.
For the latest on all AEW’s newest signings, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing