Two of the many surprise releases of 2020 were Akam and Rezar, with the former Authors of Pain tag team being released by WWE in September of last year.
The pair have yet to be seen since, and Fightful Select has now provided somewhat of an update on their situation, noting that both Akam and Rezar are working regular jobs now.
The site reports that wrestlers from various companies inquired about bringing Authors of Pain into their respective promotions, but the report goes on to explain that there is believed to have been “no movement” in that regard.
Fightful also reports that Akam and Rezar were both brought up to AEW management last year, but higher-ups didn’t think that they’d be a “good fit”. However, the promotion “left the door open” to potentially work out a deal in the future.
In that vein, Fightful also reports that higher-ups from New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) also considered bringing Authors of Pain into the company, but the Japanese promotion was not bringing over foreign talent at the time.
With regards to NJPW, Fightful explains that the promotion’s “budget for such a move was said to have not been near what was required” to secure the services of the former WWE Raw Tag Team Champions.
- WWE Raw Live Results – May 23, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE Raw Revealed
- Hulk Hogan Leaked As Shock Ric Flair Return Match Opponent?
- Kyle O’Reilly Reveals When His AEW Contract Expires
- Swerve Strickland Confirms Tag Team Name With Keith Lee
- Clarification On Exactly When Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out Of Last Week’s WWE Raw
- Jake Roberts ‘So Scared’ Of Losing Friendship With WWE Hall Of Famer
- Another Scrapped Name For Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch WWE Faction Revealed?
- AEW Double Or Nothing To Be Shown In Select Cinemas
- Date Of WWE’s Next Saudi Arabia Event Revealed