Two of the many surprise releases of 2020 were Akam and Rezar, with the former Authors of Pain tag team being released by WWE in September of last year.
The pair have yet to be seen since, and Fightful Select has now provided somewhat of an update on their situation, noting that both Akam and Rezar are working regular jobs now.
The site reports that wrestlers from various companies inquired about bringing Authors of Pain into their respective promotions, but the report goes on to explain that there is believed to have been “no movement” in that regard.
Fightful also reports that Akam and Rezar were both brought up to AEW management last year, but higher-ups didn’t think that they’d be a “good fit”. However, the promotion “left the door open” to potentially work out a deal in the future.
In that vein, Fightful also reports that higher-ups from New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) also considered bringing Authors of Pain into the company, but the Japanese promotion was not bringing over foreign talent at the time.
With regards to NJPW, Fightful explains that the promotion’s “budget for such a move was said to have not been near what was required” to secure the services of the former WWE Raw Tag Team Champions.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal