AEW currently has five championship belts, if you don’t count the FTW belt…which we don’t.
There’s the Men’s and Women’s World Championships, the TBS and TNT Championship, and the Men’s tag belts, but it appears we’re about to get two more belts.
According to a new report from Voices of Wrestling, AEW is planning to introduce belts which will be given to the winners of the Men’s and Women’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament at Double or Nothing on May 29.
The report is:
“We’ve learned that two of those additional title belts up Tony’s sleeve will be awarded to the winners of the men’s & women’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament at Double Or Nothing. The belts are said to have a black and pink Owen Hart theme, with one pink belt and one black belt.”
It is assumed the pink belt will be awarded to the women’s winner, because pink, and the men’s winner will get the black title belt.
It isn’t clear whether these titles will be defended after the show, or whether they are simply symbols of having won the tournament.
We’ll have to see whether these belts improve backstage morale in AEW, as a report suggests there is widespread unhappiness. Read more about that right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW